Located in Houston, the Texas Medical Center is the largest medical complex in the entire world. Not only does the facility house state-of-the-art hospitals and surgical centers, but it is also home to numerous research facilities that are at the forefront of life science innovation. Given these credentials, it should be obvious why people across the medical field flock to the Texas Medical Center for work, but if you still need some convincing, here are 10 facts about the facility that will make you want to work there.
1) The Texas Medical Center is made up of over 50 different medical institutions, including more than 20 hospitals, eight research facilities and over a dozen medical schools with specialties ranging from pharmacy to dentistry. So no matter your area of focus, you’ll find a place at the TMC.
2) At present, the TMC employs roughly 106,000 individuals, meaning its workforce is double that of Google.
3) Houston has the highest concentration of health science professionals in the U.S. Roughly 20 percent of the residents in the 77030 zip code work in the medical field in some capacity.
4) Across the facility, there are more than 7,000 patient beds. If you stacked these beds atop one another, they would reach more than 1.6 miles high.
5) Do you like to take walks during work breaks? If so, the Texas Medical Center is the place for you, with over 18 miles of roadways in and around the facility.
6) The TMC sees more than 7.2 million patients every single year. In 12 months, it could cater to the entire population of Houston…three times over.
7) After performing the first successful heart transplant in the country, the Texas Medical Center has now performed more heart surgeries than any other facility in the world.
8) Almost every 20 minutes, a baby is born at the Texas Medical Center, with more than 25,000 babies born there annually.
9) Every year, physicians at the center perform over 170,000 surgeries. In fact, the doctors there begin a new surgery roughly every three minutes.
10) Jobs abound at the TMC, as they currently employ over 5,000 physicians, 5,700 researchers and more than 17,000 faculty across all of the facilities. Wouldn’t you like to be one of them?
Trust Pulse Staffing to Find a Position for You
Since 1988, the specialists at Pulse Staffing have been helping nurses, medical assistants and support staff find work. With offices in Houston, San Antonio and Beaumont, not only are we local leaders in medical staffing, but we’ve also helped traveling nurses find work across the country. If you’d like to learn what Pulse Staffing can do for you, contact our dedicated team or give us a call today.
Leave a Reply